They pick up bacteria with the spines on their legs and bodies as they crawl through decay and sewage and spread it through surfaces, contaminating as they travel. They are known to pose a threat to those living with allergies and asthma, specifically children.
Ways to protect your home from cockroaches:
- replace weather stripping around doors
- eliminate food and water sources (ex: trash, standing water, etc.)
- keep food crumbs off the ground and vacuum underneath furniture and appliances
- ensure all food, including pet food, is well-contained
- never leave dirty dishes in the sink
If you are having a problem with cockroaches invading your home, give us a call today