Scorpion Control Services
Scorpion Elimination in Arizona and Nevada
A trademark pest of the American Southwest, scorpions are not quite the sight you want to see inside your home. On top of the threat of their stings, sneaky scorpion invaders can also be hard to eliminate without a strategic pest control program. No matter if you’ve found a few scorpions in your basement or your yard is fully infested, Burns Pest Elimination is equipped with the latest tools and practices to provide effective scorpion control in greater Phoenix, Tucson, Las Vegas, and beyond. Call us or request a free quote today for our residential or commercial pest control solutions.
Beware of the Bark Scorpion
There are upwards of three dozen scorpion species in the state of Arizona. All species of scorpions can sting, causing some immediate pain with little or no local swelling or redness. Only one type of scorpion, however, can deliver a life-threatening sting: the bark scorpion.
Identifying features of a bark scorpion include:
- Smaller than many other scorpion species
- Size ranging between 1/2 inch to 1 inch long
- Color ranging from light tan to a darker brown, depending on the environment it lives in
- May live outside (in wood piles, palm trees, and decorative bark), inside homes, or any place dark and cool
- Can climb walls and walk across ceilings in homes
- Clings to undersides of pieces of bark or wood when picked up
- Stings cause significant or severe symptoms
Bark Scorpion Sting Symptoms
If you have been stung by a bark scorpion, please call Poison Control at 1-800-222-1222 or seek immediate medical attention if you experience extreme or worsening symptoms. These stings can cause serious medical concerns and complications, so it’s important to monitor your reaction carefully. In particular, children younger than 10 years of age are more likely to develop severe symptoms.
Though not every person stung will show all of these signs, the following symptoms—listed in order of severity—may occur in the first two to three hours:
- Immediate local pain
- Hypersensitivity to touch at the site of the sting
- Numbness and tingling moving to parts of the body distant from the sting
- Visual disturbances and/or uncoordinated eye movements
- Difficulty swallowing and “swollen tongue” sensation with excessive drooling
- Slurred speech
- Young children constantly rubbing their noses and faces (which may indicate facial numbness and tingling)
- Muscle twitching
- Restlessness and irritability
- Children appearing “hyperactive” with rapid, uncontrolled body movements
Contact Burns Pest Elimination for Arizona Scorpion Control
Although Arizona is considered home for scorpions and their natural habitats, that shouldn’t mean they’re welcome inside of your home. Start reclaiming your personal space from stinging scorpions and protect your family, pets, customers, or employees from these desert-crawling pests. With regular, ongoing pest elimination from Burns, we’ll help you take a proactive stance when it comes to scorpion removal and prevention. If you’ve been seeing scorpions, contact us or request your free quote to schedule pest control services.