At Burns Pest Elimination we take bed bug infestations very seriously. We know that K9 detection is the most accurate way to confirm a bed bug infestation. Burns’ 13 Bed Bug K9’s and inspectors are certified in multi-stage insect detection, dependently trained and re-certified monthly and tested daily to ensure accuracy.
• Eggs are pearly white and only 1mm long.
• First stage immature bugs are pale in color and somewhat translucent.
• Adults are roughly ¼" in length and reddish brown in color.
• Females can lay 3 - 7 eggs per day.
• Eggs hatch after 6 - 10 days.
• Bed bugs are mostly inactive between blood meals and can often be located in their hiding places.
• Bed bugs are very resilient and can survive up to a year without a blood meal.
Bed bugs prefer to hide close to where they feed, like beds, but have been documented to travel 100-150 feet to obtain a blood meal, so it is unlikely to diminish an infestation by leaving an area unoccupied.
Although they do not have nests, bed bugs gather in areas that can be marked by dark spotting and staining of dried excrement. Eggs, shells, brownish molted skins of nymphs and the bugs themselves will be present.
Integrated Pest Management
- Void area treatment.
- Residual and contact applications.
- Includes re-inspection to certify bed bug eradication.
- 30-day warranty.
- No application of pesticides required.
- Use of heat to completely eliminate bed bugs of all life stages.
- Ability to treat 12 rooms at one time.
- Areas can be re-occupied shortly after treatment.
- Thermal Container Remediation at Burns Phoenix site only.